Date : 28th July 2017
Time: 8:30 - 9:30
IRC channel: #MozillaTN
This is our first series of the WebExtension webseries. The main agenda of the program is to get started with Mozilla community and discuss the syllabus we will be learning in this series.
In our previous session we have learned about what are the different areas of contribution available in Mozilla community. If you are interested please read through the previous post.
In our second session we have learned basics of git. Thanks to Dhinesh for sharing the amazing playlist by freecodecamp at youtube.
In our third session we get started learning what are Browser Extension. What is so important of it and how it is going to keep web safe and help developers to maintain code easier. You can learn by checking my previous blog.
Running our Browser Extension
You can learn about running Browser extension from the previous post
Running a simple Chrome Override Extension.
A very simple Extension is developed where whenever we open a new tab we get a beautiful page. The source code is available in github . It will be great if you explore the code and send the Pull Request of your screenshot. You can learn code flow from the below video.
- Fork the repo https://github.com/iamVP7/MozWOC17
- Learn the code https://github.com/iamVP7/MozWOC17/tree/master/session3-lab1/url-override Simple WebExtension Code flow https://youtu.be/43n67zzgWsk
- You have to redesign a new HTML which will be showed when we open new tab.
- You have to add the send pull request by adding your screenshot in below file https://github.com/iamVP7/MozWOC17/blob/master/session3-lab1/README.md
Thanks to all the attendees participated in the live session. Google drive PDF Link
Name / Twitter handle / Github profile
- Fahima Zulfath A / @FahimaZulfath / @FahimaZulfath
- Balaji / @balaji2198 / Balaji2198
- Seshadri/ @Seshadriii/ sesha-3
- Surentharan / @surentharan7 / surentharan
- Sailesh / @sailesh2796 / Sailesh
Etherpad of the session. Link is here